Saturday, July 21, 2012

11 Random things about me - The Liebster Award!!

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all having a nice Saturday evening. Yesterday I was browsing through my inbox and the many mails that tell me to buy this and that, when I found one particular mail of Stephanie of Bassability saying she nominated me for the "Liebster Award"!



Thank you, Stephanie, for thinking of me!

What is a Liebster Award?  The word "liebster" is German literally meaning dearest or favorite.  Although a thorough Google search has not led me to the orgins of this award, the information passed long to me says the Liebster award recognizes new and upcoming bloggers with less than 200 registered readers who deserve some kind of recognition and support for their contribution.  

In order to accept this prestigious award, one must abide by a list of rules.  Here they are:
  • Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
  • Answer the 11 questions that the tagger has set for you PLUS you MUST create 11 questions of your own for the 11 people you will nominate with this award, which brings me to rule 
  • Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
  • Go to their page and inform them of the nomination.
  • Absolutely NO tag backs.
  • Remember to ONLY tag bloggers with less than 200 registered readers.


And here are my 11 random things:

1. I adore cats, but I'm allergic to some, they make my skin and eyes itch. I'm also allergic to home dust, very storngly.

2. When I was at a Biffy Clyro concert, I waited for a friend before the rest rooms when a band member walked past me into the men's room. Unintentionally it made me smile.

3. To keep me happy one should supply me with a lot of water and at least 8 hours sleep at night.

4. I LOVE music, at the moment I'm listening to my favorites of the late 90s - the smashing pumpkins and bush.

5. I secretly love Twilight. In general public I tend to roll my eyes about those fanatics...

6. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis and have to take my thyroid hormone replacements every morning - I call them my happy-pills.

7. I used to be a depressed teenager who despised everything popular.

8. I'm introverted, I guess. I'm talkative at the same time!

9. I love Buffy - the series influenced my life and style and humor very much.

10. I'm a bit vain and also self-critical. I needed to do the 11 random things twice before I was satisfied.

11. I never left the european continent - yet. But someday I want to! (e.g. New Zealand, Canada, USA)


And here are Stephanie's questions:

1.  Which do you like more, big breakfast or big dinner?  Why?
I guess I have to go with dinner. I'm grumpy in the morning and when getting ready for work i hardly make it in time, so I rarely have a real breakfast. I grab something and eat it on the way to work. I usualy eat lunch with my colleagues and in the evening a small/regular dinner with my boyfriend depending on our hunger and how big the lunch was...

2. What is your favorite children's story?
I cannot remember a special story i liked as a child, i liked all the things my mom read to me, I especially loved to look at colourful books with nature and animals in them. but my gran used to tell me made up bedtime stories of "A-Hörnchen und B-Hörnchen" ("Chip 'n Dale"), I couldn't get enough of that. And as a true Harry Potter fanatic, I would say that is my favourite children's book. :)

3. What is the best part of you?
Apart from my amazing sense of humor and my good looks? :) I'm very forgiving and I have a great ability to empathize and I like that most.

4. What is a secret you would be willing to share?
I love to lick off the seasoning of Pringles Barbecue... embarrassing but yummy... And I would marry Ewan McGregor or Edward Norton if they would only ask, i think they're yummy too! :-)

5. What is your favorite Beatles song?
Blackbird and Let it be...

6. If you could change one aspect of your life, what would it be?
At the moment I wouldn't change a thing. Except that I wish I had some more time for recreational things like traveling or crafting (or blogging).

7. Do you collect something?
Only memories. I also have collections of DVDs, books and stuff, but nothing in particular.

8. If you were a paint color, what would you be?
Lilac i would say. Always in between... :)

9. Dream job?
Never had one, sometimes that fact makes me sad. I'm a management assistant in office communication (that is an allround job in everything from office to sales). I have worked for some sweaters already but currently I work for a company that trades with dairy and dairy products - which doesn't sound interessting, but I quite like it and it's my favourite job so far! I had a hard time at the beginning of my "career" and I had to accept (mostly out of financially reasons) that I couldn't change my job just like that. Plus I'm still figuring out what I'm best at and what I'd like to be. 

10. What is your favorite thing to do on a Sunday morning?
Simply sleeping in, snuggling with my boyfriend, then taking time in the shower and for my make up routine (if I do one) while listening to my local rock radio station. And then it's probably midday already.

11. What do you think is the most important lesson you have learned in your life thus far?
Don't depend on other peoples feelings and make yourself independent of other peoples lifes. Not completly though, thats another thing, I won't stick to statements, I like my capability of adapting and the freedom to chaning my mind, also accepting other oppinions and query my own from time to time. And I'm trying for years and years now to feel happy with myself and my achievements, I'm still learning... It might take forever... :)



My Questions:

1. What is your favourite meal to cook?
2. What song describes you best? Alternatively, is there a song touches you at the moment?
3. If your life story was turned into a movie, what would the title be?
4. And who would play your part?
5. What are the first 3 things that come to your mind when you hear the word happiness?
6. If you could only wear one last pair of shoes for the rest of your life, which one would it be and why?
7. Are you an early-morning person or a night owl?
8. Sunrise or sunset? Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall?
9. What's your perfect Friday evening?
10. Looking back your whole life, what or who inspired your life & style most?
11. And while looking back, is there a thing you would tell your 15-year-old self with the wisdom you have now? (I liked the idea of this question :-))

Phew, that was hard, but now comes the really hard part - my nominees for "Liebster Award" are:

Fleur Malheur - Red Fashion Hood
Nita - Pashteit
Steffi - Conservatory Girl
Lisa - my big fat blog

Its not quite the eleven, i know - aaanyway, I would enjoy to hear some things about you all and hope you participate. Natürlich auch gerne in Deutsch.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for nominating me! I already got this award, I just forgot to tag it first, but now it's filed under "awards" in my page.
    Thank you also for adding me to your blogroll, I really appreciate it :3

    I like your blog, so I followed you back, and I'm looking forward to your future posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this. I so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've nominated / awarded you with the The Liebster Blog Award!

    come and steal the award from my page http://doesmyblogmakemelookphat.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/liebster-award.html
    (i know you have just done it, sorry!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...